Fast food can be healthy food if you know where to look. And the easiest place to find healthy fast food is in your kitchen.
The new “Pillsbury GOOD FOR YOU!” cookbook can help families with the daily challenge of making fast, healthy and flavorful dinners despite today’s busy schedules. The book features 170 healthy, delicious recipes that contain less fat, sugar and salt than regular recipes. All can be prepared in 35 minutes or less, with more than half of the recipes taking 20 minutes or less. Here’s a tasty “Super Express” sample:
Spicy Chinese Chicken Tacos
Start to Finish: 20 Minutes
1 box (4.6 oz) taco shells (12 shells)
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (3/4 lb), cut into thin, bite-size strips
1 teaspoon grated ginger root
1 small clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1 large green onion, sliced
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 and 1/2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- If desired, heat taco shells as directed on box.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, ginger root and garlic; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring often, until lightly browned.
- Stir in soy sauce, honey, onion and pepper flakes to coat.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- To serve, place scant 1/4 cup chicken mixture in each taco shell.
- Top each with lettuce. Serve immediately.
6 servings (2 tacos each)
Serving Size: 1 Serving
Calories: 180, Calories from Fat: 60% DV, Total Fat 7g, Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 1.5g, Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 260mg, Total Carbohydrate 18g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 4g, Protein 14g, Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 6%, Exchanges: 1 Starch, 11/2 Very Lean Meat, 1 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices: 1
Besides delicious recipes, the cookbook also contains quick tips for better nutrition, on-the-go dinner ideas, easy-to-assemble fruit desserts and a pantry makeover. Go get this cookbook on Amazon.